Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

After exploring the topic on family and community yesterday I started to get jealous of my own ideas. SO I went to a potluck with my brother and it was a delight. There were about 15 of us all running around like chickens with our heads cut off chopping, sauteeing, backing, washing dishes, and finally eating.
Menu:(all hand picked recipes by my brother from Lydia's Italy website, I just love her cooking show!)
Rainbow chard, bread, and potato soup
whole wheat spaghetti with a apple tomato sauce
vegetable stuffed crimini mushrooms
chocolate cake
red wine
coffee

what a wonderful night full of dancing, talking, smoking, eating, loud and spirited sing along, and of course pictionary, which I thought I was good at but apparently I am a better guesser.
Anywho a night like that makes you never want to be alone! Although I do enjoy my uninterrupted studio time quite a bit.
I am working on a few paintings write now, that are all going well. One is of a musk ox face with a sort of psychedelic background, and the two others are both of a praying mantis.
All in all I have to say art, reading, eating, hanging with friends does a happy person make!
peace out yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment