Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

nostalgia for Pittsburgh

I am here in New York.
Living my life moving forward, learning things.
But I miss Pittsburgh.
I have been lucky enough to live in and visit many cities around the world.
But never have a felt the passion for a place like I have Pittsburgh.
Surrounded by three rivers and filled with large areas of green space.
It's a post industrial jungle, like the wild west at times.
You can mold the city into whatever shape you like because space is a plenty and cheap.
No other city has as much access to waterfront to the general public or as many free cultural events.
Never have I felt the warmth of a great community of young and old people anywhere else.
Yes there is plenty to complain about and when you have lived there for a while and maybe you can't even see how awesome it is anymore, which is why travel is very important no matter where you live.
That is why I plan to move back as soon as I can.
Because I miss what I had there, I miss my rivers, my parks and cemeteries, my neighborhood gardens, my friends, my co-op, my warm summer night bike rides across the 31st bridge, my studio, my inexpensive rent, my bad memories, and my good. I love Pittsburgh like I love summer; when you got it you want it to be cold and when you don't got it you want it to be hot
Peace and love ch'all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment