Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Wavehill Week 3

Well Well,
Another gorgeous sunny day in the Bronx or should I say Riverdale. By the time I got home form work last Thursday at 7:30pm I was cursing New York up and down. I was pissed about my hour and twenty minute commute, my measly pay, and the high coast of living in New York, the lack of produce at Traders Joes, plus the super long lines at TJs, and of course walking home tired and wayed down by dirty work clothes and groceries. But then the weekend came and it was fabulous, I went to the MOMA to see Marina Abromavic's retrospective, ate cheap idian food, ate cheap mexican food, had lovely espresso with my man after a great bike ride, and went to my beekeeping class. So I love New York again and all is right until the next super deadly slow commute day hits me again.
Anyway more to the point what did I do last week at Wavehill and what did I learn!
Well I worked with one of the full time gardeners most of the week weeding, dividing grasses and things, staking peonies, grooming plants, potting up cuttings, taking cuttings, weeding some more, dug out a tree and a vining euonymous, and had plant of the week.
My plant of the week this week was Equisetum ecripoides which dates back about 375 million years.

All in all a good week but a late post about it.

peace y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment