Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wavehill and Sick

Wavehill is Great!
It is such a beautiful place and it is about to burst with flowers and colors of all kind. Yesterday was great except for the fact that my nose was dripping all day and I was constantly sneezing.
It was a very windy chilly morning outside. So we bundled up, grabbed our felcos and our buckets and started pruning the lavender bed. Which has at least ten different varieties of lavender. I grabbed some of the dry fragrant clippings, brought them home, and stuck them in a fuzzy sock in my bureau. Then we moved onto screening some compost into the backs of a couple gators and driving it up to the flower bed where we took turns sprinkling it on the garden. After that we went to the terrace and cleaned up and composted the beds. I think our tasks in the coming weeks will mostly be spring clean up.
What did I learn?
1. Take compost from the top of the pile if it has recently rained.
2. Use sparring amounts of compost on spring soil that hasn't birthed its perennial sprouts yet.
3.Take the day off if you think you are getting sick becuase you will just end up taking the next day off which I did.
4.When a plant has been in storage all winter without much sun exposure it is good to burlap it when it first goes out doors so the new exposure doesn't give it sunburn.

Today wasn't as great because I missed out on the first plant ID walk but I do feel much better. The remedy to illness is sleep-in/cuddle, have someone who loves you make you something with eggs and good coffee, clean(that is probably just me), and lay down and read alot! ;)

Also for super long commutes my new fav is crosswords

peacals y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment