Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yogamazing

I just came form a yoga class in the East Village. I was very uneasy about the idea of going to this yoga studio. 1. it is ny and everything here, everywhere you go is super crowded. 2. I am officially off on my own again away from my folks, thus very poor. 3. I have been practicing for the past three months five days a week at a tiny studio with low attendance in a suburb outside of Chicago.
Well, I hadn't done yoga in a day, and I was craving some movement. So I tried out Yoga to the people on st. mark's and it was great! Yes really crowded but none the less fun. The teacher was encouraging people to make funny noises and breath loudly. She created an inhibition free environment. The teacher was there more as a guide through the yoga practice and less as an instructor. Although I don't think that is bad I do worry about people who haven't practiced much yoga. There are some positions where you can hurt yourself or just not get the full expression of the pose if you aren't familiar with the way to correct yourself in the pose.
That aside Alternative health care is really catching on and this quote from an article posted on The American Academy of Family Physicians shows that many people seem to agree , "A recently released government report (15-page PDF; About PDFs) found that U.S. adults are spending almost $34 billion a year on complementary and alternative medicine, or CAM, products and therapies, as well as on visits to CAM practitioners. And that popularity can translate into extra dollars for family physicians, says one FP.
And webMD says that yoga has many benefits such as less stress, strength, more calm and mood stability, better breathing techniques which allows one to get more oxygen in there body, flexibility, posture, and heart benefits.

Anywho folks! Think about it! It may be fun ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment